Saturday 9 April 2016

C4C331 Technique Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday, and that means there is a new challenge on the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our March Hostess is Rebecca Ednie and the talented Teresa Kline from Paperie Blooms joining us as our Guest designer. I've been a long time fan of Teresa's so I'm excited she can join us!

Here is Rebeca's challenge: "Let's try a new technique. Apply any paste or paint though a stencil and while your medium is still wet, add some glitter. Use this as your background or a focal point."


Hmmm. For a stencil newbie such as myself, this seemed like it was actually TWO techniques. But I wanted to play with Karen Burniston's new Stage it Stencils, so I bought some stencil paste and gave it a whirl. Minus the glitter - that can come when I'm ready to spread my wings a little more with the paste. Which I will - it was totally fun!

I wanted to make a masculine card using the Paisley stencil, so used Kraft card stock and matte stencil paste through the stencil. It was hard to leave it alone and let it dry, because I had no idea how it was going to turn out.


I love the look! It's more raised that you would get with clear embossing powder, yet it's flexible!


I decided there wasn't enough contrast for the tone on tone look on the Kraft, so I went over it with different colours of PanPastels and that did the trick. I also lightly stencilled the barn star with dye ink, and added some bling from my stash.


Since I'm going to be needed them, I decided to make this into a Father's Day card. Els' new Ropes dies are so fun. I ordered them earlier this spring and i'm finding lots of uses for them.


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd sure love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C331.

Supplies:
Kraft card stock
Patterned paper - Momenta
White card stock
Black card stock
Stage it Stencil - Paisley, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Matte texture paste - Ranger
Accordion Star, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Fitted Ovals - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched Circle - My Favorite Things
Ropes 1 - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Pan Pastels
Hairspray
Bling - Jolee's
Copic Markers
Computer & Printer

Card size 5 x 7"


Thanks for stopping by today



2 comments:

  1. perfect card for a man
    Have a great day
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is awesome Karen, great job with the stencil paste and stencil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen