Saturday 4 July 2015

C4C 293 Monochromatic

Good morning friends!

It's Saturday, and a new month so we have a new hostess at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog... ME!

I'll be the hostess for July, and my creative friend & Designer Challenge teammate Kelly Booth is our Guest Designer.  ( Livin The Life I Color ).

Here is the challenge this week:  Use two or more shades of the same colour. Neutrals such as kraft, grey, black or white can be added in small amounts.!
My friend Sue sent me a tunnel card recently, and it inspired me to try one again. I used to make a lot of these, and they were a staple in the card classes I taught. It appears, like so many stamping techniques, that Tunnel Cards are making a comeback.



I used several Pop it Up dies by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, as well as ECD Peel-Off's and an embossing folder to build this building this beachy scene The little crab Peel Off was coloured with a marker, then I filled in all the outlines with Glossy Accents and popped it up with foam tape.




Check out the blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd sure love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C293.

Supplies:
Blue card stocks for outer and inner card - Stampin' Up
Pale blue card stock - stash
Label dies - Stampin' Up
Beach Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
All Seasons Tree (Clouds), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
2574 Lighthouses Peel-Off's
2577 Happy Birthday Peel-Off - Elizabeth Craft Designs
7018 Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
114 - Lots of Dots Embossing Folder
507 Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape (10mm)  1/2"
Stamp on front - Printworks
Glossy Accents

Thanks for stopping by today



2 comments:

  1. long time since I have made this style of card too, may need to revisit it soon. Love your version of this technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card for summer birthday!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen