Wednesday 20 May 2015

Happy First Mother's Day

Good morning friends

I will have some more Mother's Day cards to share, as we finally celebrated Mother's Day this past weekend. We had the whole family here for brunch, and celebrated Mother's Day, Kelsey's Birthday, Olivia's Birthday, Zachary's First Birthday (because his was in March and we were in Arizona for it), Kelsey & Naor's new house and Gregg's retirement.  Whew.

This is the card I made for my parents to give Kelsey ... her First Mother's Day!


I was tickled with it until I see now that I repeated the Happy Mother's Day inside. I usually like to put something different inside. I did add "first" to the inside words at least.

I cut a rectangle from the scalloped panel to create a frame. Then I cut a second scalloped panel from white and popped up the striped frame. The stamped girl and sign were in my pile - I didn't get to use them last year - so she was glued to the back white panel.


I've used that scalloped panel a LOT - but this is the first time I created a frame with it. Fun!  Below is a peek at the inside ...


Supplies:
Image - Sugar Pea Designs
Pencil Crayons
Blending stump and Gamsol
White card stock
Blueprints #1 - MFT
Patterned paper - Basic Grey
Card and Envelope - the Paper Studio
Words inside - computer generated
Stickles
Card size - 5 x 6.5"

Thanks for stopping by today



2 comments:

  1. so nice image---------

    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot to celebrate :) ... Super sweet card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen