Tuesday 16 September 2014

Halloween Hoppy

Good morning friends!

Today's share is my second card (of three) for Karen Burniston's September 2014 Designer Challenge … Spooky September. I hope you enjoyed all the creative cards the Designer Challenge Team posted yesterday!

I used strips (scraps) of sparkly patterned paper from a Halloween paper stack for the front, tying everything together with orange seam binding.


See how sparkly the paper is? Love this embedded glitter paper.


Inside, Hoppy is decked out for Halloween with a sparkly witches hat and popped up using the Lucy Label Pop Up. I made the hat using the same technique as yesterday, and yes - Hoppy the Frog was cut from patterned paper. This time I added enamel dots for Hoppy's eyes.



The glittery chipboard embellishments I had in my stash - they are so fun!


I love how the lacy Peel-Off border looks like spider webs when paired with themed paper.  I hand lettered the wording.





Make sure to check the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog tomorrow, when Karen Burniston has her post with her take on the challenge.  I'll be back tomorrow with my third card for the challenge.

We were so frustrated with our contractors on Friday, my husband came home from work yesterday afternoon after he had called the company owner and requested he meet him here. We went over everything and showed him all the mistakes, and the guys told the owner they would work late last night.  I was in the basement with my MIL packing, when we realized at 6pm that it was awfully quiet upstairs. They had left for the day, leaving sawdust all over the floor in the powder room, the fridge pulled out, their tools plugged in and their step ladder in the middle of the kitchen.  Nice.

Hopefully things go better today, and they show up at a decent time. I would like to get these rooms finished so I can enjoy having a functioning kitchen and bathrooms again.

Supplies:
Card size: 4-1/4 x 5
909 Hoppy the Frog, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
779 Lucy Label Pop Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1279 Lace Border Peel-Off - Elizabeth Craft Designs
503 Double Sided Adhesive - Elizabeth Craft Designs
641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Witches hat stamp - Printworks
Copic Markers
Patterned paper (green) - scrap
Patterned paper - Recollections
Black card stock
White card stock
Black enamel dots
Orange seam binding
Halloween Chipboard - MME
Black Sharpie

Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen