Wednesday 16 July 2014

Sparkly Gift Pivot Card

Good morning friends:

I have a Birthday card to share today, using the Katie Label Pivot die and a glittery Peel-Off sticker.


I made this for our nephew's wife, and since she is very fashion forward, I knew I wanted to add gold. Gold is very hot right now! The gold Peel-Off's add shimmer and shine, and a touch of elegance with very little effort.



To create the sparkly gift embellishment, I added the Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided adhesive to a scrap of the floral patterned paper. Then I attached the Peel-Off and added additional colour with Tombow Markers. When you use Tombow's, there is a drying time (usually overnight) but when it was dry I fussy cut it out and added it to the die cut & layered labels.


To continue the gold on the inside, I cut the words from a gold Shimmer Sheetz using the metal shim. You will see that I cut a second 'happy' from the Happy Birthday die.  Then I added the gold border Peel-Off and coloured in the circles with the same Tombow markers I used on the gift.


The gold dots are actually the centers that are left on the backing sheet when you peel off the border Peel-Off!


Finally, here are the views from the back and the top ...


Remember to check the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today, as Karen Burniston will be posting her card for the Designer Challenge. I've seen a sneak peak and you are going to want to see how she combined several of her dies … brilliantly.

Supplies used:
Card size: Standard A2 (4-1/4 x 5-1/2)
Katie Label Pivot - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Gift Peel-Off - 2544 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Double Sided Adhesive - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold lace border Peel-Off -  1279 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold border Peel-Off (inside) -  1167 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Floral patterned paper - Basic Grey
White card stock
Tombow markers

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty birthday card, love all the gold touches

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? Fantastic!!!!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen