Wednesday 7 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Tag #5

As soon as I saw Tim Holtz' Tag #5 (you can see his HERE), I knew what I wanted to do. I also knew I didn't want to do the whole alcohol resist thing, and I don't have his 'reverse' stamps so I would have had to come up with something different anyhow.

I whipped out this red and white sparkly paper (My Minds Eye) - I'd been hoarding it and it was exactly what I had in my head when I first saw Tim's tag.  Love it when that happens.


Because I eliminated all those resist steps, this was a quick and easy tag to make! I followed the rest of Tim's steps though, so my wreath and bow are very similar to his. I didn't have the paint to paint the grungeboard, so instead glued green card stock to chipboard and die cut those. 

Funny, I have had that die for awhile - and bought it for the greenery first and the banner 2nd. Never thought to use it for Christmas!  



The white snowflakes on the background paper are embossed and sparkly -- and I added a tiny bit of distress Stickles to the top layer of the wreath. Then, the whole thing was glued to a kraft card stock tag for extra stability.
Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Karen- your tags are so great!
    Think it is a wonderful idea to do for a christmas calender for next year!Thnaks that you share this wonderful tags with us
    Have a nice day
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um..this is gorgeous!!! My fave so far. Excellent paper choice for the background and I love the pearls on the greenery :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper is awesome! Love the tag :D Sometimes simple can look so good :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen